The Species Assessment Groups (SAGs) have met and their recommendations will be presented to the Wisconsin Invasive Species Council (Council) who will review and vote on the list of species to send to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). A link to the draft list of the species being considered is posted below. The recommendations of the SAGs are advisory to the Council and the Council is advisory to the DNR. Meeting information and a draft timeline (subject to change) of additional opportunities for public input follow:
The Wisconsin Invasive Species Council will meet from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. October 22, 2012, in the Gathering Waters Conference Room, DNR – South Central Region, 3911 Fish Hatchery Road, Fitchburg, WI 53713. They will vote on the list of species reviewed by the Species Advisory Groups convened to review and provide input on species to consider for regulation under NR 40, the Invasive Species Rule. For more information contact Diane Greisinger at 608-264-8529 or Mindy Wilkinson at 608-266-6437.
For those wishing to attend remotely there will be a call in option: 1(888)327-8914 and passcode 7849 319#
- January – March 2013 – DNR staff in cooperation with the Council will host informal discussions on the proposed NR 40 revisions at locations around the state to discuss the proposed changes.
- March 2013 – DNR staff to finalize rule language and draft the Economic Impact Analysis which will be distributed for comment.
- April – June 2013 – Solicit comment on the Economic Impact Analysis and present the draft to the Natural Resources Board.
- August – October 2013 – Hold official public hearings on the Economic Impact Analysis
- March – November 2014 – Rule approved by the Natural Resources Board, DNR Secretary, Governor and Legislature. Final target for publication is November 2014.